Bernitsas Law Firm is committed to making sure that your privacy is protected.
This Policy describes:
- What personal information we collect about you
- How we obtain your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- On what basis we use your personal information
- How long we keep your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with
- Which countries we transfer your personal information to
- How we protect your personal information
- Your rights regarding your personal information
What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you when you contact us to seek legal advice or apply for employment or obtain information about this website. The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic information, such as your name, the company you work for and your title or position
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Financial information, such as payment-related information
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of data
- Information you provide us for employment purposes
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How we obtain your personal information
- We collect information from you in the course of providing legal services to you
- We collect information about you when you provide it to us;
- We collect information about you when you apply for employment;
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources
How we use your personal information
Bernitsas Law Firm collects and processes personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide legal services to you
- To provide information requested by you
- To provide you with newsletters, briefings and other publications which we believe may be of interest to you
- To manage and administer our relationship with you, including updating your records, conducting conflict checks and for billing purposes
- To appoint third party professionals to act on your behalf and outsource specific activities that are critical for the delivery of our legal services
- To fulfil our legal obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
- For the purposes of recruitment and the performance of the employment contract
On what basis we use your personal information
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide legal services
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- For legitimate business purposes
- For carrying out the obligations and exercising the rights in the field of employment and social security legislation, in accordance with applicable law
- If we have your consent, where this is required
How long we keep your personal information
Your personal information will be retained for as long as required for the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action and Bernitsas Law Firm business purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
Unless you have given us your consent, we will not disclose your personally identifiable information outside Bernitsas Law Firm, except for third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf or where we are required to do so by law or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
Which countries we transfer your personal information to
In order to provide our services, we may need to transfer your personal information to locations outside of Greece.
We will only transfer your data within the European Economic Area (EEA). If we transfer your data to a location outside the EEA, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of technical and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws. All our employees and third parties we engage to process your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
However, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
Your rights regarding your personal information
The General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection legislation provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request access to the information we hold about you. You also have the right in accordance with applicable data protection law to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data, the restriction of our processing of that data, to object to the processing as well, in some circumstances, to ask that your personal information be transmitted to another organization.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to Bernitsas Law Firm processing of your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. Withdrawal of previously given consent will have effect for the future and will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent until the time of its withdrawal.
To exercise your rights and withdraw your consent, please contact us.